Friday, April 3, 2009

Ok, so my track record for posting is incredibly crappy, but I decided to jump back in. So much has changed in the past few months, and it's only the beginning!

My husband is retiring from youth ministry. This has been a long time coming, and it's very nice to feel confident in this decision. Youth ministry is a demanding career, and it has demanded enough from my tired husband. We will be finished at Alameda on May 30 at 7am, once all the teenagers leave the lock-in and go home. On May 31, we plan to re-place membership at Memorial Road. This was a tricky choice to make. After the awkwardness of the past 2 years, we know better than to stick around when someone else comes to fill your role. Although, from what I've been hearing, that may be awhile. Apparently these decisions take time... lots of time.

Our biggest concern right now is where to live! We bought a house in Norman when we moved. Now, we would like to move back to Edmond. Houses in our neighborhood have not been moving quickly lately, and we would need to ask a not-very-competitive price is we want to break even. Anyone want a house in Norman???

Now for the kicker- guess what Jeremy is going to do? NURSING SCHOOL! Yes, I have been an inspiration to him, and he feels an overwhelming need to following in my career footsteps. The process will take about 2 years, during which I will be bringing home the bacon. Jeremy will have to fry it up and put it on the table between study sessions. It should prove to be interesting all around. Honestly, I think he will be an excellent nurse. He has a heart for helping people, as well as a wicked sense of humor, which is necessary for the job.

In closing, I will miss all my Alameda friends immensely, and I fully expect you all to actively seek me out when you want to hang out! To my MRCC friends, I am so excited to see you all again. Prayers are appreciated, (as are reasonable offers for my house!) Love you all!

2 comments:

The McDowells said...

Whoa! I was suprised to your blog at the top of my blogroll! I am glad you finally updated!

Leah said...

Hey Amanda! I hear you guys are coming back to Edmond! That's exciting. Apprently our hubbies had lunch yesterday!

So do you assist with the delivery of widwife patients? That would be fun to have a familiar face there!

By the way, I am a Realtor so if you guys need help with anything I'd love to help you!

I will add you to my blogroll so we can be blog buddies :)
Leah